F/A-18F Super Hornet
The F/A-18F Super Hornet is the world's most advanced strike fighter. Designed to operate from a carrier, the Super Hornet is fully capable in both air-to-air and air-to-ground missions. The F/A-18F has a crew of two (one pilot and one Weapons Systems Officer).
- Wingspan: 42 feet 10 inches (without missiles)
- Height: 16 feet 0 inches (to top of vertical stabilizers
- Length: 60 feet 2 inches
- Weight: 32,000 lbs (empty)
- Max landing: 50,600 lbs (field) / 44,000 lbs (carrier)
- G limits: +7.5 to -3.0
- Engines: two General Electric F414-GE-400 engines
- Thrust: 13,900 lbs (MIL), 20,700 lbs (MAX)
- Tanks: four internal fuselage tanks, two internal wing tanks, two fuselage vent tanks, two vertical tanks
- Internal Capacity: 2,024 gallons / 13,760 lbs JP-5
- External: up to four 480 gallon tanks on centerline, inboard, and midboard pylons. Also configurable with a centerline mounted Aerial Refueling Store and four external 480 gallon tanks on inboard and midboard pylons.